What is School Counseling?
A Comprehensive School Counseling Program
The Campus Park school counseling program follows the American School Counselor Association National Model which makes clear what a school counseling program should be like.
In order to ensure the academic, personal/social, and career success of all students, credentialed school counselors deliver the following services:
Classroom Guidance Lessons (All Students)
- Using the Second Steps Curriculum
- Teaching Skills for Social & Academic Success
- Promoting Career and College Awareness
Group Counseling (Some Students)
- Personalized to meet academic, personal/social, or career needs
- Future-focused, goal-directed, and focuses on solutions
Crisis Counseling (Individual Students)
- Immediate and short-term help to students in distress